We appreciate the time you are taking to learn more about one of the most reputable and strongest banks in Western Iowa. We believe it is important first of all to serve the needs of our customers whether it be as a safe haven for their funds or as a source of funds for public, business, family and personal needs.
- The Iowa Savings Bank started in 1902 in Coon Rapids, Iowa. The founders listed at the time of state chartering were: Warren and Edward Garst, Mrs. Charles (Laura) Garst, S.D. Henry, F.C. Jones and George Cretsinger.
- Ownership of the bank has changed over the years but remains local today with Bill and Karen Hess. Bill Hess has served as president of the bank since 1984. The bank’s board of directors consists of Bill Hess, Tom Farner, Dierk Halverson, Gene Vincent, Dick Fulton, and Cathy Rottinghaus.
- In February 1991, Iowa Savings Bank acquired a $22 million deposit branch of American Federal Savings Bank located in Carroll, Iowa.
- In June of 1994 the Farmers National Bank of Bayard, Iowa with assets of $9.4 million merged into Iowa Savings Bank.
- The Iowa Savings Bank purchased the $10 million deposit of Commercial Federal Bank of Lake City in July 2001.